We are John and Laurel Rodgers.
We are in our Mid-60's and having the time of our lives traveling around the world full time. We are able to do this on a retirement income of less than $1800/month. Not enough money to live on in the U.S., but, amazingly, enough to travel and see most of the world, if planned well.
We've Had To Be Flexible
We've been traveling constantly ( 24/7 & 365 days a year ) since December 2014, when we left America.
We set out to be travel bloggers and travel photographers with the intention that by the end of the 3rd year, the blog would be paying for itself and our travels.
It hasn't worked out that way, so we are making changes.
In the past 3 years, we have been guilty -- as are most of the 1000's of new bloggers -- of rehashing the same old tired cliches of "The 10 Most ...", "The 5 Best ..." type of articles. We were getting tired of reading the same information over and over. And it dawned on us, that you were probably feeling the same way.
Well, we are stopping that now!!
We Are Taking A Different Road
For each future destination, we decide to visit, we plan to ...
1. Thoroughly research the location, culture, history, and foods
2. Do "WALK ABOUT' videos on location, sites, and people
3. Do "DINING DUO" videos of at least one or two eating establishments of local foods
4. Talk about differences in Culture and how History has influenced their Present
5. Post a Summation of our views, feelings, and takeaways with a breakdown of costs, ease of entry/exit, the quality of stay, and all the tips we learned to make your travel a pleasure.
6. Publish a Photo Post
To inspire you and to prove to you that you are NEVER too old, that you, too, CAN afford to travel, and that there are ways to follow your dreams out into the world.
In the past 36 months, we have traveled to 58 different countries and have spent, on average, less than $60 a day. We will explain how this was done. We will share what we have learned so that you can step out of your comfort zone and find that there is so much to see and learn and enjoy.
For those of you that are under 40, the information we share in here will also work for you. A dollar saved, is still a dollar saved at any age.
We hope you will be able to join us out here. If not in person on your own personal journey, then in spirit.